The recent chaos has left me feeling completely out of it. I'm pretty sure if we've had a conversation in the past week that referenced the apartment, my job, or my future I gave you this response:
I am David and and the move, the work, and future plans/opportunities have become my dentist. And just like David....I feel funny.
But fear not, the aforementioned naps have left me refreshed. I feel like a new woman.*
*That was a really bizarre preface that has nothing to do with this post. I hope you enjoyed it no less.
Let's get to my point. The point is that I had a chance to catch up on my thinking time. The current point of obsession is about how spinster-y I am becoming.
For example:
- I woke up spooning a dog. Now, you may or may not have found yourself at some point spooning your dog. ClearlyI'm in no place to judge. What makes this situation especially sad is that I don't have a dog. I was spooning someone else's dog. A one night spoon, if you will.
- I spent a lot of time being concerned about the feelings and emotions of said dog. Obviously. I'm only human. You spoon me and I'm invested. I was house sitting for my sister and I blew off my friends because I felt like I really needed to be there for Ace. I feel like this is a slippery slope and before you know it I'll be spending my vacation time sewing sequins onto a vest for a cat rodeo.
- The onion literally wrote an article about me. Thanks for the find, Bevvers.
- My dear friends Chris and Carrie came over a for a brief while on Tuesday after we got busy on some Chipotle (it's 60 seconds from my home, people!). I spent a lengthy amount of time telling them about my new neighbors. The ones who smoke pot, the ones who fight, the one with two boyfriends. If my life were Trapped In A Closet, I'd be playing the part of Rosie the nosey neighbor.
- I'm very concerned about my plants. I've spent a lot of time just staring at them. Should I water them? How much do I water them? Can I really over-water them? Are they dying? What does a dying plant look like? I only know how to identify them after they are, in fact, dead. I guess I'm just concerned because my track record with plants is not the best. I've actually only owned one other plant. Joseph. And he was taken from me. My friend felt like an intervention was necessary. My neglect wasn't fair to an innocent plant. From what I hear Joseph is fine now and even out-grew his former pot. So I mean....it wasn't a total disaster I suppose.
- Also, knowing what happened to a plant after it left my home...Spinster-y, right?
So. The bad news is I'm a spinster. The good news is that every day I am one step closer to becoming the real life Liz Lemon. And who doesn't love Liz Lemon?
No comments:
Post a Comment